Reached. Retired 1 September 2006.
Professional (MCP); NT 4.0 Workstation, NT Server 4.0, NT Server 4.0 in the Enterprise,
TCP/IP on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, & Networking Essentials.
Languages: HTML and adapting existing CGI freeware
scripts for use on my websites
Systems: Windows NT Server/Workstation 4.0, Windows
95/98/XP/Windows 7, Windows 3.11, DOS 6.22, (entry level) UNIX, and Macintosh PCs.
Server Applications: Internet Information Server 4.0
Desktop Applications: CorelDraw, Corel
PhotoPaint, Corel Ventura Publisher, Corel WordPerfect, FileMaker Pro 4.1,
Microsoft: Internet Explorer, FrontPage 2002, Power Point, Project,
Office 97 & 2000, Nelco Directronic Filing, Netscape Navigator,
Norton Ghost & SystemWorks Utilities, Quattro Pro, Sabre Tax, Tax
Pack Professional, Vcom System Commander, and other
popular software and utilities.
Hardware/Networking: Installation of motherboards, hard disks
(formatting, partitioning, & installation of OSs), sound, video, SCSI cards, tape back-up drives, hand and flat bed scanners, modems (internal & external),
RAM & BIOS chips, and other devices. Installation and use of LaserJet printers
(Epson, Cannon, Hewlett Packard and Apple), inkjet printers and dot matrix line printers. Basic
TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, Ethernet.
Jerry Mallard Business
Services Dec 1983 to Dec 2010
(Prior Concurrent Part-Time Self Employment - Now Closed)
Self taught microcomputer based. Progressed from a 4Mz CP/M computer system through
compatible systems to current Dell XPS 720 Quad Core 4.2Ghz
home LAN consists of XPS Server, AMD Athlon 1.4Gz Thunderbird,
HP G70 portable, Dell 9100 portable and an Apple IPad 2.
- Began development of my web site in 1996 using Windows Notepad for
coding in HTML. Web site has progressed to over 700 pages,
over 300 images and features on-line forms for tax
information submission. The site also serves as the Area 2 website of the United States Practical Shooting
Association. Club information, match schedules and scores maintained for
shooting clubs from California, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico. Site is
now maintained with Microsoft FrontPage 2003, FTP and
Telnet. URL: http://www.jmallard.com/index.htm
- Personal Income Tax Service, basic
training by H&R Block.
Continuing education-Golden State Tax Institute (1985 –
- Light bookkeeping; track accounts payable & make
payments and accounts receivable for 15 real estate
- Desktop publishing includes:
- 2-3-4 page brochures and flyers for
Times, Unlimited travel agency
- Maintain client mailing lists.
- Designed and published 32 page (duplex) booklet
for the 1998 Area II Championship shooting match for
the United States Practical Shooting Association.
- Published a monthly newsletter for a computer user
group that was recognized in two national magazines for
Northrop Grumman Corporation May 1999 to
Ryan Aeronautical Center
Senior Security Representative
- Assisted the site computer technician in the installation
of new computer systems, software, peripherals with
connectivity for the LAN/WAN and Internet.
- Assisted in the installation of several computer systems,
printers & peripherals into the LAN/WAN on a recent
deployment to Eglin AFB, Florida.
- Inventory and created database for accountability of all
computer equipment (CPUs, monitors, printers, routers,
- Designed and implemented database (FileMaker Pro) for
Visit Requests, Clearances and Document Control.
- Security Officer for the Global Hawk Program, High
Altitude Endurance Unmanned Aerial Reconnaissance System.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and administer
policies, training programs and plans that address program
security issues to ensure compliance with government and
- Develop and implement security education program for
initial, annual and follow-up security briefings.
- Alternate COMSEC Custodian. Receipt for, control and
issue necessary COMSEC equipment and maintain
accountability records utilizing NSA DIAS 4.0 software.
- Coordinate with host Security organization for visit
requests and badging requirements. Control entry and issue
badges to authorized personnel during non-duty hour
- Coordinate with the customer concerning disposition of
classified material generated from program flight-testing.
- Administer the Security Clearances of assigned personnel.
The Boeing Company May 1996 to May 1999
(Merged with McDonnell Douglas Aerospace in 1997)
Security Specialist/Contract Program Security Officer/Facility Security Officer
- Information System Security Representative (ISSR); implemented and
administered the automated information system (AIS) security plan
and policies, insure users have "need to know" for
information they are allowed to access, insure all documentation
is current, develop and implement security education program,
approve movement, replacement and installation of new software
and hardware. Responsible for implementation, compliance and
enforcing the extraordinary security measures established by
- Developed & maintained Standard Operating Procedures for
all facility security functions.
- Designed, implemented and maintained database files for Visitor
Control, Unclassified Media Control, Plant Protection Scheduling
& Over-Time Hours, Hazardous Material Inventory, and Zulu
- Converted dBASE III files to FileMaker Pro for six
proprietary programs for 1989 - 1997 files.
- Implemented new Document Control database for all programs.
- Installed new IBM computer system for document control.
- Document security including: logging, cover sheets, applying
classification marking, preparing for mailing, couriering,
facsimile, six month inventory, processing receipts, and
- Supervision of 6 full time and 2 part time Plant Protection
Officers including scheduling, timekeeping, training, hiring,
& terminations, as necessary.
McDonnell Douglas Aerospace Mar 1988 to May 1996
Security Representative/Security Coordinator/Sr Departmental Assistant
- Established company security representation in a program area
where none existed prior to employment.
- Designed, implemented and maintained FileMaker Pro document
control database with 135 fields and over 2700 records that
produced over 27 different forms which were formerly completed by
hand. The customer adopted this database and I was also sent to
the Washington D.C. office to train personnel on the database,
which was also adopted, by that office.
- Additional duties essentially the same as described in the position above with
The Boeing Company.
University of Phoenix, San Francisco, California
(No Degree) Computer Information Systems - Master of
University of LaVerne, LaVerne, California
Business Management - Bachelor of Science Degree
University of Maryland, European Division, Mons,
Law Enforcement - Associate in Arts
California Tax Education Council
Registered Tax Preparer (Lic#A014172
Available upon request.
Department of Defense "Top Secret" granted 1
by Defense Security Service based on an SSBI/PR.